3 mins read

How to Make Drip Coffee? | Step-by-Step Guide Instructions

Drip coffee is often the first thing that comes to mind when we think about making a cup of java at home. But achieving your perfect cup of drip can be tricky, since there are so many ways how to make drip coffee. From understanding which beans work best for your preferred style, all the way through the brewing method you should use – there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. In this blog post, we’ll break down how to achieve an amazing cup of drip coffee with ease and efficiency so you can start your day off right every time.

What Is Drip Coffee And Its Benefits?

What Is Drip Coffee And Its Benefits?

Drip coffee is a widely favored coffee brewing method that entails the passage of hot water through ground coffee beans held in a filter. This procedure yields a luxurious, flavorful cup of coffee with a robust aroma. Drip coffee can be prepared using either an automatic coffee maker or a manual pour-over method. It is worthwhile to explore the essence and benefits of drip coffee.

What You’ll Need To Make Drip Coffee?

To make drip coffee, you’ll need the following items:

  • Drip coffee brewer.
  • Coffee filter (as needed).
  • Mug.
  • Water.
  • Tablespoon.
  • Your favorite ground Starbucks® coffee, such as Veranda Blend®.

What Type Of Coffee Should You Use In A Drip Coffee Maker?

What Type Of Coffee Should You Use In A Drip Coffee Maker?

For optimal results in a drip coffee maker, it is recommended to use coffee beans that have been ground to a medium grind. You can explore our wide selection of coffees to discover the roast or flavor that aligns with your preferences.

What Kind Of Grind To Use For Drip Coffee?

For drip coffee brewing, it is recommended to use a medium grind size, which is similar to the consistency of sand. This ensures a balanced extraction of flavors without any bitter or sour taste.

How To Make Drip Coffee?

STEP 1: Add water to the reservoir. Always start with fresh, cold water and measure the correct amount using the markers on the drip brewer.

STEP 2: Place the filter into the basket. Make sure the coffee filter is the right shape and size for your drip brewer.

STEP 3: Add medium ground coffee. Use 2 Tbsp (10 g) of grounds per cup (180 ml, 6 fl oz). For flat-bottom filters, use a medium grind resembling sea salt; for cone filters, use a finer grind resembling granulated sugar.

STEP 4: Start the brew. Your coffee is done once the coffee is no longer dripping; interrupting the brew can affect the flavor of the whole pot.

STEP 5: Pour a cup & enjoy your coffee at home. For the best taste, serve within 20 minutes or keep your coffee warm in an insulated container.

Tips For Making Perfect Drip Coffee

  • For a richer and stronger taste, use more coffee grounds.
  • Use filtered water for optimal taste.
  • Experiment with different grinds and brewing methods to find your perfect cup of drip coffee.
  • Clean your drip brewer regularly for the best results.

How To Clean A Drip Coffee Maker?

To clean a drip coffee maker, follow these steps:

  1. Drip Daily Clean: After each brew, remove and dispose of coffee grounds. Wipe the filter basket with a damp cloth.
  2. Wash the coffee pot with soap and water.
  3. Drip Deep Clean: Decalcify the coffee maker with vinegar (as described above) every 3 months.

0 thoughts on “How to Make Drip Coffee? | Step-by-Step Guide Instructions

    1. Drip really only gets a bad rap because people pretty much only use Folgers or whatever in them. If you’ve got quality, freshly ground beans you’re like 80% of the way to a great cup of coffee however it’s prepared. Get your temps, grind, time, water quality and quantities right and you’ve got the other 20% – going to have a wonderful result no matter the process.

    1. I put an outlet timer on my hand-me-down coffee maker so it makes my coffee just as I’m waking up, and that’s pretty much as perfect as it gets.

    1. Could be a few things but most likely one of these three: Not enough coffee. Coffee ground too coarse. Water not hot enough.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *